Friday 24 April 2015

Video? Can't I just read all about it?

Evening Mugs

I've made a few minor changes to the side blogs, including the cast, the Liberation Party (undergoing a review being a so much has changed) and the rule of the Guild of Grumpy Blokes (now accepting applications from women). Have a look and you're more than welcome to suggest things for the manifesto, or additional rules of entry. You can't do fuck all about the cast in my life, well unless you get to know me better and that option is for a select few only. 

Time as ever, is a bastard to find but hopefully the creative juices will flow, and there'll be new additions to the cast and other bits as I get back up to speed, and the discipline of writing again. 

I'll also look around at what new capabilities Blogger has these days, although you needn't worry, video blogging is not in my strategic plan. I'd like to think the people who arrive here prefer the old art of reading stuff as opposed to watching it. That's my attitude anyway. I suppose this leads to me a convenient mini-rant about why the media who supply news and information via the internet feel the need to bombard us with video news? 

I don't have time to sit down and watch news clips. Or magazine article clips. The BBC, an organisation I strongly support are fucking obsessed with video news on their website and mobile app. Well, at least offer me the alternative to 'read' about it rather than have to watch it. I can do stuff like read a bit and then return later, I can doze off nicely reading it. I can read it without disturbing others. I don't need to use headphones to read it. Looking at Sky News and all the others, it's much the same. As I say, video and audio is fine to a degree, but at least provide the option to read stuff only as well. Not much too ask, but something people who want to step away from the fast moving onslaught of visuals would welcome. 

My only other moan for now is just the typical bollocks that as the weekend arrives the good weather decides to take a look at the UK and bugger off. I'd be fascinated if there is science to prove this is the case, or whether it's just the perception of me as a dyed in the wool, founding member of the Guild of Grumpy Blokes. Just for once, give me a weekend with no chores, no football, no social events and no visitors but laden with sunshine so i can chill, burn and knock over the odd flagon of ale. 

Later Mugs, GJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your brains!